Web Services: Terms and Conditions
These are the VirtualCity Pty Limited (VirtualCity, we, us, our) Terms and Conditions (TAC) applicable to all services obtained from us (Services).
From time to time, we will make amendments to these TAC and you will be obliged to comply with the policy as amended. The latest version of the TAC will always be available on our website (http://www.virtualcity.com.au/tac/). If you continue to use any Services after publication of change, it will constitute your acceptance of the amended terms.
1. Domain Name Registration, Renewal, & Transfers
- Upon registering a gTLD domain, you must also agree to the terms set out in the ICANN Registrants’ Benefits and Responsibilities document. ccTLD domains are governed by the auDA (https://www.auda.org.au)
- Domain name registrations, renewals, and transfers are not refundable.
2. Hardware, Equipment, & Software
You are responsible for, and must provide all telephone, computer, hardware and software, equipment, and services necessary to access VirtualCity Hosting Services. VirtualCity Pty Limited makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that the client’s equipment will be compatible with its Hosting services.
3. Backups and Data
- VirtualCity’s wholesale providers provide free daily backups for all client data, however for added security, we advise that you download local copies of any and all critical data. We accept no responsibility for any data loss or corruption.
- Data restoration is available upon request, but additional charges apply per restoration. Please contact us for a quote on this service.
4. Migrations from other hosts
- Migration of a website from another host is NOT included as part of your hosting fees. Our technical team can assist with a site migration, however charges will be incurred for this additional service. Please contact us for a quote.
- Hosting accounts migrated from other hosts containing malware, malicious scripts, viruses, bots, Trojans, or any file we deem harmful to our network may be suspended until the client has removed such files.
- We shall endeavour to provide continuing availability of services and server stability, but we shall not, in any event, be liable for service delays and interruptions, or down time of the server during the migration process.
5. Liability and Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless VirtualCity Pty Limited, its contractors and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of VirtualCity’s Hosting services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Payment methods available are Direct Deposit, or In-Store (Cash, Visa, or MasterCard).
- All accounts are sent via email.
- All accounts must be kept in credit to avoid disconnection or suspension of service.
- All payments are non-refundable.
7. Disconnections, Cancellations, & Suspensions
- You may terminate your service with us at any time by giving us at least 14 days’ notice in writing. All accounts will continue to be billed on a month-to-month basis unless written notification is received. If you cease to use the service and do not notify VirtualCity Pty Limited in writing, you will still be responsible for all monthly charges incurred.
- An Early Termination Fee will apply if you cancel the service before the end of the contract period stated on your application form. This amount is calculated at 50% of the remaining contract value.
- VirtualCity Pty Limited reserves the right to suspend or disconnect all services and/or accounts immediately without notice if;
- we are directed by any competent authority to cease the provision of the Services or any part of them;
- you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, and/or the Acceptable Use Policy.